Be Ready to Give Some "Central Line Meds" Peripherally

You can help guide safe use of "central line meds" through peripheral or midline catheters.

Check the EHR for central lines...intrajugular (IJ), subclavian, peripherally inserted central catheters (PICC), etc. Or look for central lines used for longer-term access, such as a Groshong or Port-A-Cath.

If you see a midline documented, think of it as peripheral access. It's inserted like a PICC, but doesn't extend to a high-flow vessel.

Get unlimited access through an Enterprise license

Hospital Pharmacist's Letter includes:

  • 12 issues every year, with brief articles about new meds and hot topics
  • 300+ CE courses, including the popular CE-in-the-Letter
  • Quick reference drug comparison charts
  • Access to the entire archive

Already a subscriber? Log in

Not sold to individuals